ArcGIS Licence Server Options File

04-03-2023 04:34 AM
Labels (1)
SteveEllwood
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone can help me out as the ArcGIS Licence Server Options File documentation seems to be quite poor in terms of all the options and examples.

We host services for a number of clients, some of which use ArcGIS on our hosted servers. As the hosted servers run on a cluster it is not possible to run local ArcGIS licence servers for each clients, as any switching of the cluster nodes is detected as a change in hardward and the licences are all invalidated. So we have shared licence server on a non-clusters server and so I need to ensure that each client is allocated the correct number of licences, etc.

We had been doing this with using the Option file and the RESERVE keyword to reserve the correct number of licence for each client, however this didn't actually work to well if one clients licence expired and it appeared in the option file before another client because it could reserve their licences.

I have also looked at the MAX keyword but I think this will suffer from the same problem, if all the licences get allocated.

However the documentation does state (see below) that when specifying a feature there is an optional 'keyword=value' pair, and I believe that you are supposed to be able to use this to specify additional information about the licence in question, such as the expiry date or even the authorization number, but I cannot find any information or examples anywhere about what the these 'keyword/value' pairs are allowed/supposed to be.
RESERVE num_lic feature [: keyword = value ] type { name | group_name }

Can anyone point me in the right direction to where I can find this information?

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

0 Kudos
0 Replies