ArcGIS 10.07 on Windows 11

Jump to solution
02-14-2024 08:21 AM
Labels (1)
irfanlatif
New Contributor III

Hello,

I recently installed ArcGIS 10.07 on Windows 11 and everything seems to be functioning well except for an issue I'm encountering with the attributes tables.

Whenever I attempt to view the attributes table, I'm presented with strange characters. I've attached a picture for reference. This behavior is same in ArcCatalog and ArcMap.

This behavior persists across all datasets, including Shapefiles and FileGeodatabase feature classes.

Any insights on how to address this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ArcCatalog 10.07.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffHouser
Occasional Contributor

Hello irfanlatif,

Please check table font under ArcMap Options, Tab "Tables" all under the "Customize" menu.  Typically the default font is "Arial", but maybe it got switched to "Webdings" or "Wingdings" font symbols which could be the source to your posted observations.

~Jeff

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcMap Life Cycle | Esri Support

10.07 ? or 10.7

ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.x system requirements—System Requirements | Documentation

perhaps you will need to upgrade to the current 10.8.x or simply move to ArcGIS Pro

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
irfanlatif
New Contributor III

Thank you for sharing the links and offering your insights.

Indeed, you're correct about 10.7 being somewhat phased out. Despite our prior investments, we're now considering transitioning directly to ArcPro, starting from next year

0 Kudos
JeffHouser
Occasional Contributor

Hello irfanlatif,

Please check table font under ArcMap Options, Tab "Tables" all under the "Customize" menu.  Typically the default font is "Arial", but maybe it got switched to "Webdings" or "Wingdings" font symbols which could be the source to your posted observations.

~Jeff

irfanlatif
New Contributor III

hi Jeff,

You are right, that was indeed the issue. Interestingly, the 'Arial' font wasn't available on my machine, and it somehow got switched to 'Webdings' in the settings.

I've now switched to 'Calibri', and everything appears to be displaying correctly