WebApp Builder Dev Backup/Restore

Jump to solution
03-22-2023 01:02 PM
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

So I had to get a new laptop and had a backup of the entire WAB Dev directory saved in a zip file. I figured I could just bring to my new computer and be up and running after extracting the backup package. WAB starts up fine and connects to my portals but all my apps are missing from the page. I checked and they are in the apps folder as expected. Is there any way to get the apps to be recognized again. I would like to keep the numbering as i have processes tied to the numbered folders.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianLeroux

Looks like I have this figured out. I originally zipped up my entire WAB directory so all files would be backed up. When checking the zip file I noticed that 3 files in the server/db folder were missing. I am not sure why these get omitted. So it is best to save these files separately and copy them back in after restoring from the zip file.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BrianLeroux

Looks like I have this figured out. I originally zipped up my entire WAB directory so all files would be backed up. When checking the zip file I noticed that 3 files in the server/db folder were missing. I am not sure why these get omitted. So it is best to save these files separately and copy them back in after restoring from the zip file.