Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I share a ArcGIS WebApp outside my organization with only a select few people?

12-05-2023 07:31 AM
Labels (2)
TimothyGoodrich
New Contributor

I am in the military and have created a dashboard that shows apartment complexes in the local area that give a discounted rent to military. Now, I am presenting this dashboard to the housing office of my duty station and they want a way that they can edit the rent prices if they were to change. Naturally, I believe that a WebApp is the solution. 

I have now finished creating the WebApp and want to share it with the Housing Office, but they are not part of the organization that I have built the Dashboard and WebApp on, or any organization at all. To allow the housing office to edit date through the WebApp, I would have to share it outside my organization, but then anybody could edit the data. 

Is there any way that I can share outside my organization, but also limit the amount of people that can actually edit the dashboard?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bdoventures
Occasional Contributor

What type of license do you have, and are you planning on hosting the app on AGOL or on a separate web server?

0 Kudos
TimothyGoodrich
New Contributor

I am just a member of my organization and have no admin privileges, and the app will be hosted on AGOL.  

0 Kudos
bdoventures
Occasional Contributor

That being the case, your options are pretty limited.  You might consider talking with your organization's administrator to see if he/she knows of any good options available to you to address your concern, e.g. token-based access.

0 Kudos