Disappearing map data when situational awareness widget is opened

Jump to solution
05-03-2023 09:59 AM
Labels (1)
ErinNovakovich
New Contributor III

I have an application that I am testing that uses the Situational Awareness Widget to perform a query on the map. I want the user to draw a polygon using the widget, based on a dataset in the map, but when the widget is active the data is missing in the map. Waiting for it to load is not working. the data never shows up. Anyone else see something like this? Are there any workarounds? Could this be a bug?

My data is a service on our ArcGIS Server and works well in other applications. Query is enabled on the service and it is a feature service I am using.

GIS Analyst for AK
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Erin, 

Try enabling Disable layer visbility management  parameter in Analysis tab.  When this option is enabled, the layer visibility will not be altered when the widget is turned on and you should be able to see the layers.

As Brian mentioned it is as designed and once you draw you area of interest on the map, it should work regardless when the layer is visible or not.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

Is the data that the situation awareness tool analyzing the same data you are showing on the map? This is as designed as far as i can tell. For instance if i have a layer of points in my map turned on and i have a situational awareness tool set to analyze that same layer, as soon as I turn on situation awareness the points layer will not be visible on the map. Once you draw your selection it will properly select the points. Then i have to click the results tab on the tool to have the points show. Again i think this is as designed.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Erin, 

Try enabling Disable layer visbility management  parameter in Analysis tab.  When this option is enabled, the layer visibility will not be altered when the widget is turned on and you should be able to see the layers.

As Brian mentioned it is as designed and once you draw you area of interest on the map, it should work regardless when the layer is visible or not.

ErinNovakovich
New Contributor III

This worked, thank you!

GIS Analyst for AK
0 Kudos