Alternative Geocoders

03-01-2024 09:55 AM
JJGFMO
by
New Contributor II

I have created a simple map with Web AppBuilder. The Search widget comes with a default geocoder, "ArcGIS World Geocoding...". Unfortunately, this geocoder is not as up to date as the ones offered in the maps for Google, Bing, and Apple. How do I add one of those geocoders (or some other third party's) to the map? Ideally, I'd simply like to copy/paste a URL in the pop up for setting a geocoder URL.

3 Replies
JenniferMoeller
New Contributor

May I ask, how did you determine that it wasn't as up to date as the other geocoders?

0 Kudos
JJGFMO
by
New Contributor II

I typed in an address into both an AGOL map and a Google map. Google takes me to the address correctly. AGOL does not have the address or will take me to the wrong spot.

Field techs aren't going to use the AGOL map if the address search function is outdated or doesn't work.

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1
Occasional Contributor II

Is this for new construction in the past year or so? Sometimes the underlying data source (HERE?/TomTom I think?) is not updated as often as Google. 

I have also found some errors in Bing maps API for old addresses, so I do not doubt you.

Often times people think Google is better, but their terms of use are very restrictive,

0 Kudos