Select to view content in your preferred language

Stand-alone table in flex viewer

Jump to solution
09-26-2014 01:17 PM
JustinFultz
New Contributor III

Hello,

I need to be able to display a stand-alone table in flex viewer with all records. I would like it to behave like the attribut table widget where you just click a tab and the table displays. It also needs to refresh on a specific interval.

I have a current workaround that ties each record to a point that isn't visible(since it doesn't really relate to that point) and I am able to display the data that way. The problem is the loss of data as they zoom away from the points in the map. Also, with serveral hundred records on some tables, my services are being taxed pretty hard trying to redraw all those points for numerous clients when the refresh happens.

I would appreciate any suggestions. I have attempted to use Robert's enhanced search widget for tables, but I want all records selected by default, and haven't found a way to do that with his widget. Also, I'm not sure about a refresh on his widget.

The current production site is at https://pricecontourmap.spp.org/pricecontourmap/ . The current table is only around 20 records, but we need to add another with close to 800.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!

Justin Fultz

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sure, my site is doing it thru a URL Query. Look at the Enhanced Search Widget URL Search Configuration.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor

check somehow it helps you.

AttributeTable—ArcGIS API for Flex | ArcGIS for Developers

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Justin,

There is just nothing out there that I am aware of that meets you workflow needs. You can have all the records selected in my eSearch if you use a Query of "1=1" but I do not have an auto refresh feature.

0 Kudos
JustinFultz
New Contributor III

I could potentially make eSearch work if I could have the Query preload, similar to how it does on your example site for the widget. How can i force the 1=1 upon opening the widget?

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
JustinFultz
New Contributor III

That was one of my posts from a long time ago. It doesn't resolve the issue of needing it to work on stand-alone tables. Attribute table only works on layers.

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sure, my site is doing it thru a URL Query. Look at the Enhanced Search Widget URL Search Configuration.pdf

0 Kudos
JustinFultz
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert!

0 Kudos