two errors when initializing ArcGIS Urban model

Jump to solution
02-06-2024 09:23 AM
ChrisGiamarino
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I am running through esri academy to learn ArcGIS Urban for my current job. I am following along the ArcGIS Urban Basics tutorial. 

However, I am getting two errors when trying to import esri's ArcGIS Urban FGDB for Hardeeville, SC Urban File Geodatabase. 

The first error is a coordinate system error:

ChrisGiamarino_0-1707239774749.png

The second error is 'Cannot initialize Urban Model'. I cannot figure out whey none of this pre-provided data won't display in the urban model. It would be helpful to get this data to display because I am actually working with a client's FGDB for their build out. 

ChrisGiamarino_1-1707239935586.png

I appreciate any and all helpful assistance. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chris - the team resolved this issue today (2/16/24).  Please try the ArcGIS Urban Basics web course again and let me know if you're able to create the Hardeeville, SC Urban model.  Thx!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrendenDrumm
New Contributor II

Hi @ChrisGiamarino

I recreated the issue and it seems that there are some issues with the learning module for Hardeeville, and not with Urban itself. We will reach out and resolve this soon. Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrendenDrumm
New Contributor II

Hi @ChrisGiamarino, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will work with the Education Services team to get this resolved. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Brenden

0 Kudos
Hanine_Serhan
New Contributor II

hello, have you an estimation of when this issue will be solved? or is there any workaround to ignore the error and complete the exercise? 
I tried to work with another file gdb for south boston area (South Boston ArcGIS Urban Database) and still facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chris - the team resolved this issue today (2/16/24).  Please try the ArcGIS Urban Basics web course again and let me know if you're able to create the Hardeeville, SC Urban model.  Thx!