Question about generating buildings

09-01-2023 11:36 AM
RobStauder
Occasional Contributor

I'm working with a client using the Urban API to generate buildings. While they are able to use createLOD1Buildings mutation, they wonder if there's a way to do this more like the UI. 

Here's the inquiry - 

Using Urban API, it's possible to create a plan, a branch, and a parcel inside that branch and then attach to that branch a BuildingTypeID by updating it.

This looks like this :
`mutation {
    updateParcels(
        urbanDatabaseId: "db1741f6d0b249a186d3f30d4b7cd363"
        parcels: {
            attributes: {
                GlobalID: "6c7b58d5-7ba1-4c87-894c-7cf67f7fc7ae"
                BuildingTypeID: "198e597b-5d16-4cad-ae2d-f74092008d86"
                DevelopmentType: BuildingType
                Develop: true
            }
        }
    ) {
        attributes {
            GlobalID
        }
    }
}`

I still pass the property Develop and DevelopmentType as an attribute, I also try to include Demolish in the attributes.

The idea behind this updateParcels mutation would be to reproduce a functionality from Urban web application: when we select a branch, and then a parcel, under the tab "Develop" there is the possibility to attach a building type, and then, by clicking "Apply building type" various spaces are going to be generated.

Would it be possible to know if this "Apply building type" functionalities is something specific the the web application, or is it also possible to use it with Urban API?

Thanks!
3 Replies
AgnieszkaRozniak
Esri Contributor

Hi Rob and thank you so much for your question. 

A short answer would be: unfortunately, it is not possible to automatically generate a plausible building (spaces) in a plan scenario using the Urban API. Currently, it is indeed a functionality specific to the web application. 

Could you describe the customer workflow in more detail? How and why do they use the Urban API to create plans and what is their ultimate goal?

Understanding the use cases allows me to provide more information or solutions as well as help us further develop the Urban API in the future. Have a great day!

RobStauder
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. We'll follow up through product management. Cheers!

0 Kudos
AgnieszkaRozniak
Esri Contributor

Looking forward to more details or other questions so that I can hopefully help you to reach your goals with the Urban API. Best regards.

0 Kudos