Tracker service cannot be modified

05-01-2019 11:02 PM
NikolajGrønholdt
Esri Contributor

We have recently upgraded to 10.7, in part to be able to use the new Tracker app. However, I am running into a couple of problems. If I would like to edit the time settings on my location tracking service, I encounter the error Location tracking service schema cannot be modified.

I suspect that it has to do with the service running, so I tried to access the geoevent manager. However, when I tried to access it through /geoevent/manager, I get a message saying No service was found.

How can that be? The tracking service is collecting tracks from the app.

And on a slightly related note: Is it possible to show tracks from Tracker, in a map in Collector? No need for editing, just to show the tracks together with other features.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nikolaj,

If I would like to edit the time settings on my location tracking service, I encounter the error Location tracking service schema cannot be modified.

The location tracking service is pretty locked down; only a few properties can be changed. Unfortunately, there is a bug in 10.7 where time is not enabled by default on the location tracking service. This can be worked around by creating a view layer and then setting the time. This will be fixed in 10.7.1.

I'm not sure why it's not visible in GeoEvent Manager, we can look into it.

And on a slightly related note: Is it possible to show tracks from Tracker, in a map in Collector? No need for editing, just to show the tracks together with other features.

This is on the roadmap and planned to be implemented this year across Collector, Explorer, and Workforce. The idea is if you signed into the same account on both Collector and Tracker, you will have an option in Collector to see your own tracks. Because the tracks are stored locally on device, this will also work completely offline.

0 Kudos
NikolajGrønholdt
Esri Contributor

Hi Aaron, 

Thanks for the response. I'm looking forward to the updates then. 

0 Kudos