URL to launch form stopped working after form update - Code 504 error

2 weeks ago
TomReyes
New Contributor III

I have the pop-ups of a feature layer display a link to an editing form so people can edit the selected record in Survey 123.

I updated the two forms that are linked in the pop-up, and now every time I click the link, it fails to open the record and Survey123 give me a "Code 504" error. This URL has worked for over a year without issue. Here is the arcade code I use to generate the link:

//Returns a link to the edit survey for this record

var itemId = '566da7093dba487782475d1c0594ce8b';
var surveyURL = 'arcgis-survey123://?itemID=' + itemId + '&action=edit&folder=inbox&update=true&filter=globalid:' + $feature.globalid;

return surveyURL;
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

When you updated the forms, did the itemId change?

0 Kudos
TomReyes
New Contributor III

I was able to get this to work by setting an inbox query, but because of this I am only able to use this link to edit a subset of the records in the feature service.

The feature service has 6,000 records, and one of the repeat tables contains 90,000 records. I am aware of the limitations with the inbox not being able to refresh if there are too many records, but why is this still an issue when I am trying to open one specific record by globalid?

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I definitely agree this is silly as an issue when directing to one specific record, but I imagine it's because in order for Survey123 to find it, it has to be in the Inbox to be able to load. So even if you're going to one specific record, it has to be there, which means any record you might want to edit needs to be there.

I have some forms queried to the last 7 days to keep this lower, it might be worth reviewing if you need to have all of those records in there still, or if this is the best way to go about editing them.