Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to save survey when sharing publicly

12-02-2023 05:29 AM
MichaelHalley
Occasional Contributor

I am "Unable to save" my survey as when I try share it publicly.

MichaelHalley_0-1701523517139.png

At the same time, when viewed publicly via the share link, the following message appears:

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 14.26.02.png

I am the admin of the account and all share permissions set in the organisation's security settings allow public submissions.

We have created a publicly shared survey previously without any issues, in fact, it still works currently. Even when merely trying to duplicate that survey, public sharing doesn't work.

Any suggestions are welcome!

2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

It is indicating that the feature layer or view that the survey form is associated with cannot be found (and is not accessible to the public).

Start by identifying the layer/view. If published from Connect, it may be the original feature service. If published from the web survey builder, it should be a View. You can search for this item by the item id in screenshot one. Then:

• The layer/view item should be in the ArcGIS Online content folder with the original name, in the original folder. i.e. Survey123-Survey Name > SurveyName_fieldworkerview
  • The survey form should also be in this folder

If you have renamed, deleted, changed ownership of or otherwise modified this layer or view, the Survey123 website will have a difficult time identifying the item (and thereby updating the sharing). 

MichaelHalley
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the detailed response.

It seems I still get the same issue when creating a new survey.

I noticed that I don't get the "_fieldworkerview" layer.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 19.59.38.png

Survey created online on the Survey123 website for what it's worth.

0 Kudos