The custom feature service submisssion_url is not compatible with the survey

02-15-2024 09:02 AM
WFCAdmin
New Contributor II

1. I created a survey for staff to collect field data, WaterTyping v2.

2. I published this survey.

3. I created a new survey for staff to edit the collected field data WaterTyping Web Edists v2 using the Feature Services, and selecting the hosted feature layer WaterTyping v2.

4. I made some small changes needed for the editing process.

5. I attempted to publish the new survey and I am getting this error.

The custom feature service submisssion_url is not compatible with the survey.

Fields not found in feature service: 0

If anyone has experience trouble shooting this error please let me know.

Much thanks!

Aaron

WFCAdmin_0-1708016043545.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you use a submission URL Connect can then no longer add any fields to the service.  So you will need to add those fields manually through AGOL so that the schema of the form and the service match.

When you were first publishing and not using a submission URL you did not see this since at that point Connect was still controlling the service.  But now it is not so you have to make the two match on your own.

Hope that makes sense.  There are a few posts on this I think you could look at for more info.    One is  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/feature-service-submission-url-not-compatib... 

0 Kudos
WFCAdmin
New Contributor II

Doug,

Thank you for the reply!

I have diligently worked through both tables to make sure a new field was not added, and I have confirmed that it was not.

Is it possible that there is another reason I am getting the error? Thank you for your help.

Aaron

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor
  1. In Connect, make a new survey based on that Parent Feature Layer.
  2. Without making any changes, press 'publish' and you should get no errors/warnings (you don't have to go through with the publishing at this point, this will just proves that you can publish).
  3. Now, when you make changes, keep a record of what you are doing. One of you alterations must be significant enough that the layers are no longer compatible. (You can also try publishing as you go to see where that issue starts.)
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you enable attachments, add editor tracking, change a data type, or change a text field size?   

Like posted below one way to troubleshoot is publish a totally new temp form from the current form xlxs using the File option in Connect.  Then go into AGOL and download this new service as a GDB.  Then compare that to your current service.  That should help you find it.

0 Kudos
WFCAdmin
New Contributor II

Thank you Doug.

JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You can turn on logging to see more information about what field is causing issues. Click on your profile and go to settings. Move to the diagnostics tab and toggle on logging. Try and republish and then go to the log file.

JenniferAcunto_0-1708088648974.png

I'm also curious as to what version of Connect you are using, as the newer version provides more info in the publishing error. 

JenniferAcunto_1-1708088761844.png

- Jen
WFCAdmin
New Contributor II

Thank you Jen!

0 Kudos