Survey123 Web Branching Logic

01-29-2024 10:23 PM
jamosheim25
New Contributor II

2-3 years ago I used survey123 web often and there was an option with certain questions to create branching and skipping some questions or redirecting to other questions depending on what the person entered. I recently picked it up again and I cannot find this feature, is it still there?

Thanks in advance 

John 

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sounds like you are describing relevant questions. Using the relevant field, you can dynamically show/hide questions/groups/repeats.

There is a newish addition to the team called body::esri:visible, but i don't know if it is available on the web designer. It works like relevant, but preserves all hidden data.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

The visibility rules are set differently since the November 2023 release as described here

IsmaelChivite_0-1706663745894.png

@jamosheim25 

DanielleG_Nashville
New Contributor II

@IsmaelChivite  But visible rules are NOT the same as relevant; I have several questions in a survey built fully in the web designer before the November 2023 update that now behave incorrectly. Previously, you could set BOTH relevancy and visibility, now I can only do visibility. I used a non-visible question with a default answer that had a relevant rule based on previous questions/answers to track who might need extra help with the subject of the public survey, and now it is triggering for EVERY survey, not just those that select certain answers. This is now making our data more difficult to review. 

0 Kudos