Survey123 Thank you screen with dynamic fields from feature service

09-11-2023 01:04 AM
r_povilaityte
New Contributor II

I have a feature service with data from PostGres DB. There is also a sequence which with the help of an attribute rule creates Unique ID for each record.

I am using this service with a Survey created in Connect. Survey is designed to report problems in the city. Unique ID is generated so that users can later check the status of submitted problem.

What I would like to do, is use this Unique ID field in Thank You Screen. However, the ID is generated only while inserting new record so there is no way to have it in Survey form prior the submit. So basically, there is no way to inform the user of problem ID that was given to his reported problem.

Since there is possibility to get globalId in Thank You Screen with @[globalId] syntax, maybe there is a way to also get other fields from feature service?

Unfortunately, creating "Ticket Numbers" with uuid() or formating date is not acceptable to us.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry. Not aware of a way to incorporate GlobalId into the Thank You screen.

Have you considered a Thank You email? May or may not work for your workflow, but would definitely be able to display the GlobalId.

0 Kudos
r_povilaityte
New Contributor II

You can use GlobalID in Thank You screen, using @[globalId] 😊 But we need to use more simple IDs, like 1,2,3.. with a prefix., which we get from attribute rule.

Email would be a solution but in our case we allow anonymous reporting 😕 

0 Kudos