Survey123 Feature Report Polygon Appearance W/O Blue Fill

Jump to solution
09-28-2023 07:55 AM
MichaelKohn_PGE
New Contributor II

I created a survey from a polygon hosted feature service in order to generate feature reports to display a map of assets contained within the polygon. There is no geopoint question in the survey since the polygons are either drawn in Field Maps or a Web Application.

The problem I am noticing with the feature report is that even though I set the symbology in the web map to have no fill in the polygon, the polygon still prints out with blue fill. This makes it difficult to see the other map contents inside the polygon. 

Is there a way to turn off the default blue fill in the polygon and simply print with the symbology set in the web map?

Blue Fill.png

The image above is the map printed on the feature report showing a polygon with blue fill.

The image below is the desired symbology for the polygon in the web map the feature report pulls from.

Map Viewer Symbology.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MichaelKohn_PGE,

You can control the survey geometry symbology with the drawingInfo method in the report template. This method allows you to specify a feature layer that the report service will use to determine the symbology for the map. This can either be the source feature layer or a feature layer/feature layer view that you create that has the symbology set to how you want it in the report map. You'll need to set the symbology in the visualization tab for the referenced feature layer. 

- Barbara

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MichaelKohn_PGE,

You can control the survey geometry symbology with the drawingInfo method in the report template. This method allows you to specify a feature layer that the report service will use to determine the symbology for the map. This can either be the source feature layer or a feature layer/feature layer view that you create that has the symbology set to how you want it in the report map. You'll need to set the symbology in the visualization tab for the referenced feature layer. 

- Barbara

MichaelKohn_PGE
New Contributor II

Thank you @BarbaraWebster1 ! This worked perfectly.

I just updated the syntax in my template to include:
|drawingInfo:”currentLayer”|

0 Kudos