Survey Field Text Missing from Image Water Mark, Sometimes

Jump to solution
04-30-2020 10:59 AM
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a survey that adds user captured information to a picture of a field repair.  The upper left corner has work order, address, cut cause and cut date.  The upper right has the various components of the repair and dimensions of those components.  Most of the time this is the result I get and expect:

Occasionally, not all of the fields get written to the photo.  Sometimes I get this:

or this:

I am not getting any reports from my users that anything weird is going on that might explain this.  All of the data they collect in the survey that is used to create the watermark is being written to the hosted feature service.  I can't see any reason why this would occur and I can't look over their shoulder to see if it is something they are doing as I am working from home.  Does anyone have any thoughts that could point me in the right direction as to what is causing this?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jim. One likely cause for this is that the user of the field app may have not completed the form before the photo is taken. The watermarks are added exactly at the time when the photo is taken, so if some questions you use in them are still blank, no information will be added.

Can you check to see if the photo question is only available for users when all data you want in the watermark has been completed?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jim. One likely cause for this is that the user of the field app may have not completed the form before the photo is taken. The watermarks are added exactly at the time when the photo is taken, so if some questions you use in them are still blank, no information will be added.

Can you check to see if the photo question is only available for users when all data you want in the watermark has been completed?

JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Ismael,

That makes sense and appears to be the issue!  I did not consider that my end users would take a picture prior to filling out the survey since the picture is the last item on the form.  I have added logic to the relevant field for my photo group so that the picture option doesn't appear until they have filled out the cut cause and dimensions.  

Thanks for the quick response!

Jim

0 Kudos