Select to view content in your preferred language

survey 123 Question

Jump to solution
10-06-2023 01:05 PM
BRIANSCHEER
New Contributor II

I am a Supervisor for a water utility company and have been using Survey123 the last few years to generate data and progress of some programs I created to allow for better asset control. One of the programs I implemented is our Back Flow Prevention program. I created a survey in Survey123 so my operators could perform field inspections on back flow preventers throughout our water system.  This is an ongoing yearly project where my employees perform the inspections and with the reports generated based off of the information in the surveys, I am able to send letters to the customers whose BFP's are in rough condition and in need of repair and/or replacement. I have been generating response to the 30 letter I have sent out. What i would like to do is to be able to set an alert or some kind of notification that allows me to notate that the customer has responded, and have complied with the contents of the letter I mailed to them. Is this a possibility? Also, other than exporting the initial surveys, is there a way to move the surveys taken to another file to allow me to start the program over and generate a new round of surveys? I don't want to have 5 surveys for the same address in the survey123 records file. Once I upload testing/inspection reports from the customers, I want to move that initial survey report over to a new file with labeling. Is this Possible? My last question is; if an alert or notification of account update has been completed, is there a way to lock that file so that a new submission isn't allowed so there isn't 5 surveys for that same address or location?  

I would appreciate any feed back, I try to save my company as much money as possible. ArcGIS platform helps me do exactly that. So maybe I am using the wrong thing for my program? If so, what solution or program do you recommend that I run by BFP program in. I don't want to have to generate a completely new survey year after year. thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

Brian,

I've got a couple ideas from my admittedly much shorter time using this product. Maybe they'll be useful to you.

1) Consider adding a field that tracks which "survey round" you're working with. Let's say that you plan to re-survey your customers every year. Each year would be a new survey round. 

2) Use the above field to filter out the data that you don't want to process when you're generating reports.

3) By doing this and not deleting your older data, you could write a pulldata function against the survey feature layer to see if anyone has already created a survey for a customer.

4) If you have a Dashboard that you use to review the data, you can use the survey round field as a selector/filter to review prior (or current) data.

5) Consider adding a second field to track whether customers have responded or not. You can edit the submitted surveys to set this field for customers as you receive responses.

Thanks,

Chip

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

Brian,

I've got a couple ideas from my admittedly much shorter time using this product. Maybe they'll be useful to you.

1) Consider adding a field that tracks which "survey round" you're working with. Let's say that you plan to re-survey your customers every year. Each year would be a new survey round. 

2) Use the above field to filter out the data that you don't want to process when you're generating reports.

3) By doing this and not deleting your older data, you could write a pulldata function against the survey feature layer to see if anyone has already created a survey for a customer.

4) If you have a Dashboard that you use to review the data, you can use the survey round field as a selector/filter to review prior (or current) data.

5) Consider adding a second field to track whether customers have responded or not. You can edit the submitted surveys to set this field for customers as you receive responses.

Thanks,

Chip

0 Kudos
BRIANSCHEER
New Contributor II
Chip,
That sounds like a great idea to me. I will add the fields as suggested
and see how it works out. I greatly appreciate the response. Just my
Opinion, but i really enjoy the ArcGIS features like this. These different
features really make life a little easier when trying to organize these
different programs and allow for a lot less paper. I haven't quite mastered
Survey123 connect yet, but I am working toward it. I greatly appreciate the