Select multiple records and submitted records should be individual

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Kristofer
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am facing the issue on repeat section and multiple select question. My requirement is when user select the multiple students name from dropdown or list and each selected name records should be stored in a separate row in the related table. I am using begin_repeat type and name question is within the begin_repeat.

A Snapshot is attached here for your references.

Kristofer_0-1713174571254.png

I am configured the survey form using Survey 123 connect  (3.19.116)

Thanks & Regards,

Kristofer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What you are seeing is how a select multiple works.  It stores the values as a comma separated list.  It cannot make repeat records.  You would need to use a select one and have the user hit the plus button to add more records.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What you are seeing is how a select multiple works.  It stores the values as a comma separated list.  It cannot make repeat records.  You would need to use a select one and have the user hit the plus button to add more records.

Kristofer
New Contributor III

Hi @DougBrowning 

Thank you for your quick response!!

Is there a way like automatically insert three repeats in the survey form (like manually hits the plus sign) when options A, B, and C are selected in the multiple-choice question and calculate the selected values within these inserted repeats?

Thanks & Regards,

Kristofer

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No there is no way to do that.   A python script after that fact would be about the only way.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

There is a repeat_count field in the XLSX you could use to automatically create repeats, the issue I've run into for my workflows is it's a hard count not like a default or something you can still add/delete after, but if you're using the select_multiple to pick how many, I wonder if you could count(select_multiple) and create the right amount that way.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

You could use an automation process like Power Automate to enter that data in a separate database the way you want. But tbh that is likely overly complicated for this application. I'd re-do the survey to simply change the select_multiple to a select_one (plus any other applicable changes to suit this new data collection method).

0 Kudos