S123 Connect - making Hints appear under Labels

2 weeks ago
DanielSnozwell
New Contributor

Hello,

I have produced a survey in Survey123 Connect. I have used the label column to display the question text, and the hint column to provide a little more info for each question. 

DanielSnozwell_0-1713179362914.png

As you can see - the Hint is appearing above the related question when I would prefer it to appear below it. Is there a easy, obvious way of doing this? Without having to use Notes?

Many thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MattEdrich
Occasional Contributor

Hey Dan can you upload you XLSForm used for this form? I use hints a LOT and the text always appears underneath the 'label' text I set. I'd be curious to know why your form is performing differently...

0 Kudos
DanielSnozwell
New Contributor

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I actually found out what was causing the issue. Any Group of questions in a Table-list switched the location of the Hint text to above the Label text for some reason.

I wanted to group the questions into a more matrix grid style so used Table-list but when you do, any questions with Hints, the location of the Hint moves above the Label.

0 Kudos
DanielSnozwell
New Contributor

The screenshots below show what I mean. The first is a group of questions in a field-list (the hint is below the question label like I would like). The second the same group of questions in a table-list (and the hint switches to above the question label)

eb7e79af-6ed9-4321-b541-f0cf302cf2a2.jpgc0cbf882-7979-479a-ae4b-f3abcfd19b4b.jpg

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hints don't play well with table-list appearance (this is known behaviour). This is a bug IMO. But I am unsure if it's been logged.

0 Kudos