Public survey now asking for ArcGIS login

Jump to solution
02-09-2024 04:57 PM
TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

I had two surveys that I published for the public to use for a small village in NM and now when I open the survey it is asking for an ArcGIS Login.  They were working for a few months but now the ArcGIS Login Pop-up appears.  It was great when it worked but now I am giving a presentation on monday and am unsure what the problem is.  Any help would be appreciated.   Here are the links to the web survey forms. 

https://arcg.is/1Gjvrm

https://arcg.is/5XG5O

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

We cannot access this item:

b95a7db77b6f412490f6ee120f5640b2

Seeing as the form loads, it's likely either:

• A basemap in the survey map
  • A layer in the survey map
  • The feature service/view we are submitting the survey against

You can see what the item is and decide if it should be shared publicly, then re-share it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

On the question of using this survey as a template, yes. 

Store your survey in a group, and as an org administrator set that group as the source for new surveys. For more information see Organization survey and settings management—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

We cannot access this item:

b95a7db77b6f412490f6ee120f5640b2

Seeing as the form loads, it's likely either:

• A basemap in the survey map
  • A layer in the survey map
  • The feature service/view we are submitting the survey against

You can see what the item is and decide if it should be shared publicly, then re-share it.

0 Kudos
TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

Thanks Chris!  I will check to see what it is referencing.

0 Kudos
TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

I switched the map out and it opened!    Some of my State of NM data was no longer public....arghhhhh. There seems to be one other issue I keep having.  I have a Single select grid that selects for the type of form I want to fill out Village Council, P&Z, or Water & Wastewater.  Below that are three  dropdowns that are visible if the single select grid is selected.  What keeps happening is the value does not get filled in and I have to reset them and republish.  Don't want to go back and have to recreate since I have like 8 forms already within this survey.  Any suggestions?

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad to hear!

If users need to fill out the select question, make it required.

Your rules to show the next questions are not valid. Can't comment on that without the rules you have set. Survey123 form designer shouldn't care about previously submitted values, just what's in the form. Just make sure the values in the question match the values in the rules for the following questions.

TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

Thanks again Christopher!  I deleted the Single Select Grid and went with the Single Select and that seemed to work.  It doesn't seem to be kicking out the values so so far so good.  I had used pages a few years ago on 123 Connect and am wondering if they are pretty usable in web survey. Any recommendations?  I also would like to use this web survey as a template.  Can this be done with a websurvey or is that only available with Connect.  Thanks again for your help!  You are a life saver!

0 Kudos
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

On the question of using this survey as a template, yes. 

Store your survey in a group, and as an org administrator set that group as the source for new surveys. For more information see Organization survey and settings management—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation

TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

Thanks so much for that info Marika!  You are the best!  That will save me soo much time.  I was always nervous years ago with the folder structure of 123 but the ability to share those and have web survey templates is really great.  I also like how 123 and Quick Capture have been integrated into a lot of the ArcGIS Solutions.  I am using a lot of them for the Village of Cloudcroft and am giving a presentation tomorrow and Tuesday!  Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos