Passing Survey123 repeat records (parent and child table) to Excel Online using Power Automate

2 weeks ago
LizanneRoxburgh
New Contributor II

HI all

I have been using Power Automate to keep Excel online spreadsheets updated with records captured in Survey123. I would like to do this with a survey that has repeats (a child and parent table) and am struggling to set up the Power Automate flow correctly. Can anyone provide detailed instructions on how to set this up please? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can use ArcGIS for Excel and then connect to the hosted service directly with no need to export.  I would take a look at that.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Repeats in Power Automate are generally easy once you get a hold of the "uniquerowid" and "parentrowid" interaction.

Once you add a repeat to a survey, you will notice that there is an attribute called uniquerowid in your main table. Then, if you look at your repeat, you will notice it has two attributes for uniquerowid and parentrowid. You repeat's parentrowid will match your main table's uniquerowid. And you repeat's uniquerowid will be unique for each entry. If you have nested repeats, you keep repeating this process.

In Power Automate, you will need to use "Conditions" to avoid duplicates. Here is a screen cap from a nested repeat in Power Automate (i.e., a repeat within a repeat):

abureaux_0-1715010848844.png

If you are able to provide your XLSX, I can give you a more relevant example.

0 Kudos