Options for a dropdown dynamic list generated from another survey are not available to all users

01-17-2024 02:56 PM
VInman
by
New Contributor II

I have created two surveys. In the first survey, I have a free-text field where users create a Site ID. In the second survey, I ask users to select the Site ID from a dropdown field, which is populated from the first survey using the 'Edit choices' and 'From layer' options.

This is working fine when someone is not signed in when they submit the Site ID in the first survey. All Site IDs are then available to select from in the second survey (no matter if the person is signed in or not). However, if someone is signed into Survey123 when they create the Site ID in the first survey, then only that user can see the Site ID in the dropdown in the second survey.

What I would like is for all submitted answers from the first survey (regardless of whether they were submitted by an unsigned-in user or a signed-in licenced user) to be available to all users when using the second survey.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

I bet the layer you are using to populate the list is configured like shown below:

IsmaelChivite_0-1705684414835.png

Make sure you check 'Editors can see all features' and your survey will start working as you planned.

0 Kudos
VInman
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion Ismael. Can you please indicate where to find those options? Is it on the Survey123 website? I can't see it, but did change the 'Who can view results of this survey' to 'Everyone' in the Collaborate tab of the Survey123 website (see photo). I made sure to select that viewers can see all records (nor just their own). This has not fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
VInman
by
New Contributor II

@IsmaelChivite any further suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos