No hint when I get "Error converting XLSForm"

07-19-2023 09:17 PM
PanjiBrotoisworo2
New Contributor III

Hi,

When I get errors saving the XLSForm in Survey123 Connect I get this popup saying there's an error. However, it says "See above for a hint" but there is no hint. Does anyone know how to fix this?

For reference it says:

"ODK Validate Errors: Something broke the parser. See above for hint. Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant calculate.

Result: Invalid"

I'm using Windows 11Desktop. Survey123 Connect 3.17.54

PanjiBrotoisworo2_0-1689826485287.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ya, the "dependy cycles" error is an annoying one. And no, there is no "hint" beyond what you see there.

This is most likely related to a calculate that is self-referencing somehow. Depending on the number of calculates you have, your form's complexity, and if you remember the last thing(s) you did before it broke, playing 20 questions may be the easiest solution: replace half the calculates with a placeholder (e.g., 1), save your form, and see if the error goes away. Then, keep repeating that process until you narrow it down to the problem row. 

PanjiBrotoisworo2
New Contributor III

Yeah that's what I end up doing which is really horrible for large surveys.

The error pop up is also showing raw formatting. There is "\n" which means it should begin in a new line. And I think the "b" in the beginning is casting everything as a binary (though i may be wrong on this). I hope they clean up the formatting soon.

0 Kudos
mcbeth99
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue.  I assume it's in the image name calculation on row 42.  Any help would be great!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Your issue is your two pulldata(). They are self-referencing.

This is what you have:
abureaux_0-1707857566511.png

This is what you need (they are now referencing the geopoint question):
abureaux_2-1707857628628.png

0 Kudos
mcbeth99
New Contributor III

Thank you so much!  Was the formula for image name correct?

0 Kudos