Make - Survey Webhook Payload Missing ObjectID

2 weeks ago
samc-gis
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a Make scenario set up to watch a survey, generate a report when a new survey is submitted, and then send that report to a client. I am running into an issue where the Create Report module fails due to the survey webhook payload missing the ObjectID of the survey record, which the Create Report module needs to know which record to generate a report for.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue and figured out a solution? Hoping some other users or an Esri representative can shed some light on this.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

The only thing I could think to check is that you didn't disable Survey info in the webhook itself:

abureaux_0-1714683145872.png

If that isn't the issue, I'd consider contacting Esri Support. Reason being that ObjectID should always contain data, and the Survey Submission connector for Make is something that Esri created.

0 Kudos
samc-gis
New Contributor II

I've checked the webhook settings and they match your screenshot. I initially wanted to reach out to Esri Support, but need to wait for the MyEsri admin of my client to get back from leave so they can make me an authorized caller - figured I might see if anyone on these forums has experienced the issue before.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you post the actual payload from the webhook? The objectID won't be in the attributes of the submitted record, but will be in the results of the add / edit. Any successful add / edit would include this.

jcarlson_0-1714699095620.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
samc-gis
New Contributor II

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your response!

Here is the results section of the webhook payload when a user submits a record from the mobile app - only the global ID is returned:

samcgis_0-1714750679809.png

Here is the results section of the webhook payload when I submit a test record from the desktop app - the object ID is included:

samcgis_1-1714750811871.png

I have the Create Report module set up to use the object ID in the results of the add/edit - the issue is that the object ID is not coming through in the results when users submit records or edit records. 

0 Kudos