Is there a way to query drafts folder or limit number of open drafts?

10-04-2023 12:11 PM
TylerGraham2
Occasional Contributor

I'm struggling to figure out how to manage drafts with our Field Maps/Survey123 integration. They are essential since a record typically covers a day's worth of monitoring that is submitted at the end of the day.  

I have a feature service that has a 1:1 relationship with data in the related table being entered via Survey123, so multiple drafts could inadvertently cause the first completed form to be deleted. My first thought was using an arcade expression in Field Maps to do the work and query for matches, except this doesn't seem possible. I can make a link that opens an existing draft in Survey123 when clicked, but there doesn't seem to be a way automate querying of the draft folder.  Hopefully it is me just missing a solution.  

If that is not possible, limiting the total number of open drafts in a survey could work as too. e.g. If a user has more than 1 draft in the draft folder they cannot start a new form until the draft is submitted.  I'm not finding any documentation similar to this, which makes me think I'm out of luck.

Does anyone have any insights?

0 Kudos
0 Replies