Is there a way to make public surveys only accessible via a URL?

Jump to solution
05-01-2023 09:57 PM
JasonRamsay
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm currently developing a Survey123 form for use by a few people outside of my organisation. These people do not have Esri accounts. So, I was considering making the form public so they can fill in the form regardless. However, I'm concerned about the privacy risks of doing so. The questions on this form contain potentially sensitive information, and I wouldn't want anyone to be able to find the form by, for instance, doing a Google search. I would only want people to be able to find the form with a URL. Is there a way to implement this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Unfortunately, ArcGIS does not allow this at the moment. Once an item is shared publicly, ArcGIS will make it discoverable through its REST API.  

Your request is interesting! It sounds as if you wanted something similar to YouTube's unlisted sharing. Is my assumption correct?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Unfortunately, ArcGIS does not allow this at the moment. Once an item is shared publicly, ArcGIS will make it discoverable through its REST API.  

Your request is interesting! It sounds as if you wanted something similar to YouTube's unlisted sharing. Is my assumption correct?

0 Kudos
JasonRamsay
New Contributor

Hi Ismael,

Thanks for the information. Yes, my question was actually inspired by YouTube's unlisted sharing option. I might have to provide them with paper copy forms.

0 Kudos