Is there a way to have the Survey123 Field App re-open a form after submitting?

Jump to solution
04-03-2023 11:53 AM
BTMHGIS
New Contributor II

Let's say you have a survey that is set to public and you intend on having a single device be set up to collect responses at a fixed location.The device would just be always on and waiting for public users to approach and submit a response.

Is there a way to have a form re-open itself after submission of a response? Ideally in the field app. What would be the best practice for this type of approach?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you've created the survey in the web version of Survey123 you can set the survey to automatically reload when a survey is submitted. 

SHartholt_1-1680620106629.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

I think most public-access surveys like this use a browser, and re-set the browser to clear the cache + open the same page again. Probably a bit more robust to take this approach as you would use conventional IT wisdom and a simple webpage based survey.

If you have to do it via the field app, you could try being creating with callback urls. Or the web 'submit another survey page'. Both are a bit more open to users interacting with it.

BTMHGIS
New Contributor II

I appreciate your reply. Thank you

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you've created the survey in the web version of Survey123 you can set the survey to automatically reload when a survey is submitted. 

SHartholt_1-1680620106629.png

BTMHGIS
New Contributor II

I appreciate the reply. I may have to look into using the web app for this. Thanks for your help

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would suggest looking into URL parameters if you're using Survey123 Connect. I believe you can add the following to the end of the url:

?autoRefresh=true

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-web-form-url/ba-p/...

0 Kudos