I have a clickable URL in my Survey123 form. When clicked it is giving me QR code format as oppossed to opening the web PDF

Jump to solution
11-16-2023 05:06 AM
EdHixson
New Contributor III

Hi there

The title captures most of the error (See below)

EdHixson_0-1700139810598.png

The URL is meant to take you to a PDF stored in my companies sharepoint but I get this error instead. The URL is being pulled from a CSV stored in the media file and then used in a note with this code (See Below). Depending on the choice within a Select_One_From_File it displays the correct URL code to go alongside the choice. 

I have pasted several of these URL's into my browser and they work fine

pulldata('Legal_Reference_List_C','Link','name',${SelectLegalReference})

${LinkCal}

'('<a href = "${LinkCal} ">Link to Legal Reference</a>')

It seems like the URL is working but in a QR code format. Has anyone ever come across this before ??

All the best

-Ed

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdHixson
New Contributor III

I have found the solution. I had my code above within the caluclation field (silly mistake). When I moved it into the label of a note field me solved the QCR link error and worked as expected

Thank you for the help

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I just tried several links in one of my forms (PDF, XLSX, and ASPX). All worked without issue. I tested in the apps (not the web interface).

My HTML is formatted the same as yours, except I hard-coded my URLs
<a href="https://pin...ent.aspx">Risk Management SharePoint Page</a>

Have you tried bypassing the pulldata() to see if that is the issue? I know you said you pasted the links in your browser, but I mean have you tried putting the links directly into your HTML.

0 Kudos
EdHixson
New Contributor III

Hi there

Thanks for responding. I have tried to bypass the pulldata as you mentioned by just making a regular URL clickable within the form

'('<a href = "https://RegularURL.com">Link to Legal Reference</a>')

But now this URL is not clickable at all within the form. Or am I doing something wrong here?

ATB

-Ed

0 Kudos
EdHixson
New Contributor III

I have found the solution. I had my code above within the caluclation field (silly mistake). When I moved it into the label of a note field me solved the QCR link error and worked as expected

Thank you for the help