How to dashboard the data that HASN'T been collected?

03-19-2024 07:57 PM
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey that is intended to record who delivers what service and where and I want to dashboard the data with the intention to recognise overlaps and gaps.

If I have 50 locations at which these services can be attached to and there 20 services being mapped, recognising gaps is not easy because the survey only lodges data where the services are and not where they aren't

If you have a location that has 19 of the 20 services, how could you easily portray which service is the one that is missing, or if you have a specific service recorded 49 times how do you easily know which location is missing (assuming one is missing)? Especially if you have the one service delivered more than 50 times because maybe there is an overlap and multiple businesses deliver the same service in the same location.

I do have a potential solution but it is not quick, easy or clean. Was hoping that someone may have experienced this issue before.

Cheers

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

How are you looking to display this in the dashboard? The only route I see is to have a list/feature layer of all sites and give some indication of where services exist, through a table, symbolization, highlight, or similar. For example, symbolize on a yes/no field 'has_service'.  As a general indicator, the Gauge widget is practically designed for this.

0 Kudos