How do I hide survey description?

03-07-2024 11:36 AM
EmilyAust1
New Contributor II

How do I hide a survey description? The survey description automatically populates as "Empty survey description? You may want to hide this from the Appearance tab"... But there is NO option to hide the description in the appearance tab! I recall there being on/off buttons for the survey header, footer, and description. What happened to them and how do I turn off the survey description now?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you using Connect or the Web Interface?

And then are you using the Web App or the Field App to fill in those surveys?

There is no option in the Web Interface to update "description" because it isn't something that displays in the Web App. But, if you are using the Field App, I'd recommend using Connect to build the survey.

EDIT: There is a "description" in the Web Interface, but it isn't quite what you descried (see below). That description should be visible at the top of the page, and you can just click on it to edit.

abureaux_0-1709842598973.png

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

If you created the survey in the web designer, at the bottom of the Design > Add section is a 'Survey Element' section that allows you to toggle the description, footer, and header off.

JenniferAcunto_1-1709904311983.png

- Jen
InformationResources1
New Contributor III

Just encountered this same exact issue; the fact that it guides you towards the Apperance Tab is very misleading. Thanks @JenniferAcunto for the heads up. 🙂

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

For sure! A behaviour that may be worth updating in the future.

0 Kudos