Help with Pull Data from .csv

Jump to solution
02-06-2023 01:52 PM
MichaelaOwens
New Contributor

Hey everyone, I am a Survey123 novice and am using Survey123 Connect with an XLS Form to create my survey. I am trying to use the pull data calculation but I have been unable to get it to work. I have my .csv in the media folder and my pull data equation is as follows: pulldata('mcintosh','Totalalive','PlotID',${plot_id})

The PlotID field is being calculated based on the answer to three questions in the form, which creates the id of 3 numbers separated by two periods (ex: 0.3.2). I don't get any error messages when I save the XLS form but no data ever populates the field from my calculation. Attached are screenshots of my .csv, XLS form, and the form as seen in Survey123 Connect. Previous existing is the field where I am trying to get the pull data formula to return the value from the .csv. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for providing those. It looks like the issue is that there are duplicated column names in your .csv. If you delete two of the "Tech" columns, the pulldata expression will return the Totalalive value.

- Barbara

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MichaelaOwens,

Is it possible to send the XLSForm and .csv file so we can take a closer look?

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos
MichaelaOwens
New Contributor

Sure. The .csv only has the one entry that I am using to test the pull data function. Both the .csv and xls form are attached. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for providing those. It looks like the issue is that there are duplicated column names in your .csv. If you delete two of the "Tech" columns, the pulldata expression will return the Totalalive value.

- Barbara

MichaelaOwens
New Contributor

Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos