Getting two previously entered values to display together

Jump to solution
03-28-2024 02:47 PM
SophiaSmith
New Contributor

Hello, I am working on a survey to take inventory of invasive plant species. I want the survey to display the species and percentage cover that was previously entered so the field techs can easily see what they've already recorded. Right now I have the species and coverage options as select_ones, and the display of what has already been used as a multiline text field with join(", ", ${Species_ID}) as the calculation. 

Is there a way I can have it also display the percentage cover chosen for each species? And is there another way I get have is display better than a multiline text field, in case there's a lot of species in one transect?

Thanks,

Sophia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Kinda of like this?

DougBrowning_0-1711663139323.png

Two ways

Simpler option that may work is inside the repeat concat your two fields like concat(speciesfield, "   ", cover field)

Then in your join use this new field instead join("\n", ${concat field above})  using new line to have each pair on its own line.

Fancy way in case you have more than just the 2.  Create a grid to make a table then just have each field in it own cell again using  join("\n", ${Species})  If you do each field in its own grid cell, since they are in the same order it will magically all line up for you.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Kinda of like this?

DougBrowning_0-1711663139323.png

Two ways

Simpler option that may work is inside the repeat concat your two fields like concat(speciesfield, "   ", cover field)

Then in your join use this new field instead join("\n", ${concat field above})  using new line to have each pair on its own line.

Fancy way in case you have more than just the 2.  Create a grid to make a table then just have each field in it own cell again using  join("\n", ${Species})  If you do each field in its own grid cell, since they are in the same order it will magically all line up for you.

Hope that helps