Dynamically join Survey123 results to create pre-selected polygons

10-26-2023 08:33 PM
NathanialHale
New Contributor II

Hello everyone, I am having trouble with a project recently. I have a set of polygons in a map, and a survey123 app that asks the customer to select some of those polygons' names that they visited, and then asks additional questions to give more data. I need the polygons they selected to be added to the map with the new data. 

For example if I have a grid of 10x10 polygon squares, and they select three of them, i need a feature to be outputted that is made of those three polygons, with the metadata they added. 

The requestor prefers the customer select the polygons by their labels in a multiple choice selection so that they don't have to draw where they went, to eliminate them making mistakes.

I also CANNOT use Survey123 Connect. 

The desired output is the user inputs the data on the survey, the survey pops out the feature of the polygons with data onto map, (From here I got it) map goes into webapp to allow for some analytics by another shop, and data overall goes into dashboard so that the shop can copy and paste it into a slide to show various analytics without having to build charts and graphs each week with the new data from scratch.

Thoughts? Again I cannot stress, I do not have access to Survey123 Connect. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

No Connect seems like an odd environmental limitation. From your description though, I am going to assume this is purely web-based app.

I don't believe you can select a polygon in S123, but you can probably place points on a map, query the map and see which polygons those points fall into. I don't know if the web interface supports this?

An easier solution may be using Experience Builder and S123.

NathanialHale
New Contributor II

Thank you for the response! I think i might be able to modify that blog post idea and do a work around perhaps. I contacted the author to try to get some pointers. 

Unfortunately the system I am working with is only able to access the organization's portal and I cannot put new executable files on it without doing some long interfacing with our network department.

0 Kudos
NathanialHale
New Contributor II

Sadly the portal I use has a known issue with the survey widget in the experience builder and will not load any surveys. Back to the drawing board. I am trying to contact Esri support representatives for our service now to help with the issue.

0 Kudos