Can't manually override GPS quality threshold.

Jump to solution
02-01-2023 08:56 AM
CarlBeyerhelm1
New Contributor III

I created a GPS quality threshold by placing a numeric value in the body::accuracyThreshold parameter of Survey123 Connect, and it is working as expected.

What is not working is the ability for users to manually override that quality threshold as described in this blog post.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-xlsforms-and/ba-p/...

There is no spinning location icon, and touching other items in the widget doesn't commence GPS logging.  Is that functionality no longer supported, or did I miss an important step somewhere?  Thank you.

- - - - - - - -

I can't seem to override a GPS threshold as was illustrated in this blog post.I can't seem to override a GPS threshold as was illustrated in this blog post.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. When the blog was written, the location icon had a spinner animation. In the current version, the location icon flashes. I will make edits to the blog to avoid confusion. Thanks for pointing this out. 

All in all, the behavior described in the blog is functionally accurate:  If the accuracy threshold is not met, the Survey123 app will constantly renew the location until the threshold is met. If the user taps on the location icon, the geopoint will be fixed, even if the accuracy threshold is not met. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. When the blog was written, the location icon had a spinner animation. In the current version, the location icon flashes. I will make edits to the blog to avoid confusion. Thanks for pointing this out. 

All in all, the behavior described in the blog is functionally accurate:  If the accuracy threshold is not met, the Survey123 app will constantly renew the location until the threshold is met. If the user taps on the location icon, the geopoint will be fixed, even if the accuracy threshold is not met. 

0 Kudos
CarlBeyerhelm1
New Contributor III

OK, thank you.

Does the functionality work for geotrace and geoshape questions too?

0 Kudos