Can Survey123 data be edited in Field Maps App

03-31-2023 06:32 AM
RobbynAbbitt
New Contributor III

My question is how to edit Survey123 data after it has been collected on a mobile device.

Now that the data has been collected, we have a need to maintain and update the data in the field.

I've tried to add the hosted feature layer (properly shared, open for editing, syncing, etc) to a Web Map and pulled up in Field Maps.  However, the EDIT option is not available for the existing records.

Is there a work-around?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you confirm the settings on the layer? If you published the survey without the "edit existing records" box checked, the layer probably just needs that setting updated.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
RobbynAbbitt
New Contributor III

See the image attached - as far as I can tell I have all editing options turned on.

0 Kudos
RobbynAbbitt
New Contributor III

That said - I just reread your reply and thought to go back into the Survey Collaborate page.  Submitters can only add new records right now.  I'm going to change that to add, update, and delete to see if it changes the functionality.

0 Kudos
RobbynAbbitt
New Contributor III

Update - I republished with the updated settings and the functionality in Field Maps is still the same.  There is no option to Edit and existing record.

Sidenote - I CAN (even before Survey update) edit records in a desktop browser-based Web Map.  But if we open the web map in a browser on ios or android we are not able to edit from there...

0 Kudos