basemap not display in survey123 app

02-19-2024 06:16 AM
Ageosutilisateur2
New Contributor II

The basemap used in Survey123 app contains a simple feature layer, but I experience significant slowness, and sometimes the basemap doesn't display. My internet connection is stable; when I choose another basemap, it displays quickly. However, the map containing feature layer (or tiles) does not display.

What could be the cause of this issue please, aside from the complexity of layers, the form, or internet speed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RandyPenird
New Contributor III

Aside from your exclusions, does the basemap load without the feature layer, at a reasonable speed? The vanilla basemap. Once you put a feature layer on it, its a Map with a feature layer and a basemap in it. 

0 Kudos
Ageosutilisateur2
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response, The basemap without a feature layer loads quickly, but when I add a feature layer in the map, it does not display..

0 Kudos
RandyPenird
New Contributor III

Based on 
1. The vanilla basemap loading quickly - we can rule out the basemap completely. 

This means your feature layer is either too complex in general, OR your hardware is limiting the complexity of the feature layer. 

There are tools such a grouping, zoom-scale, etc. to show less data at different extents to reduce the draw calls on the display. I want ot acknowledge you mentioned to ignore the complexity option >

The features visibility may be turned off, the symbology could be set to transparent, the color could be the same color as the basemap and they could be "invisible", the symbology scale could be too low, the feature layer may be under your "basemap" layer, check the table to ensure the data is in the table, you might not have enough RAM.... those are at the top of my head/what I would check first. 

Run Task explorer when you load your map and see if anything is hitting its 100% limits... that means you're hitting a choke point on hardware. 

Hope this list helps, troubleshooting is a creative endeavor. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

You listed the two big contributors to a slow base map: complexity of layers and internet speed.

Some simply troubleshooting steps: Does the map load at all (you already answered this one)? How long does it take for the default base map to load (this gives us a baseline). If you create a new base map and slowly add items to it, testing as you go, is there a problem layer?