Anyone else still getting Server 500 errors (related to image uploads) after the "bug" was fixed recently (11/16/23)?

11-16-2023 10:10 AM
KyleWeaver
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm getting word from staff that issues are still encountered from server 500 errors yesterday. Esri sent out a notice this AM indicating that the issue was resolved, but on our side it doesn't appear to be fixed. This error randomly appears when trying to upload images (either adding via map viewer or as a part of the survey).

Anyone else have issues?

Thank you!

Kyle

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisJRoss13
New Contributor III

@KyleWeaver 

We are experiencing this still. Yesterday it seemed to be just the Survey123 web app, today it is both! Very unfortunate as our team is trying to submit dozens of surveys but are only able without any attachments.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi!  The upload failures are caused by underlying problems in the ArcGIS Online infrastructure. Esri Technical Support is handling this under this incident:

INC-000402 Uploading multiple images to hosted feature services intermittently fails with a 500 error

Note that this is affecting Survey123 as well as other ArcGIS apps such Map Viewer, Experience Builder and others.  To get the latest status on the resolution to this ArcGIS Online problem, please contact Esri Tech Support and have them associate your customer account number to the incident above.

Many thanks for raising this issue. I have shared with the Online team this thread.

0 Kudos
graeme_hill
New Contributor III

I find it disappointing to find out that there is a known incident and issues on arcgis online yet the ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard reports that everything is fine! Why have the dashboard if it's not updated!

Cheers, Graeme
0 Kudos
KyleWeaver
New Contributor II

I totally agree! I've also never found the Health Dashboard helpful, the status is always just "green". 
"Nothing to see here, everything is totally fine!"

0 Kudos