3.18 changed the name of survey, and the data is in AGOL, but ArcPro can't see the main table data

a week ago
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

MichelleWilliamsERM_1-1714076324711.png AGOL reflects NEW name

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1714076286998.png ArcGIS Pro reflects OLD name

How do I get them to sync up?

I removed and re added the hosted service to ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I moved this to the ArcPro Comunity since this appears to be related to ArcPro behaviour. But I wonder if both are not correct in this case.

You created the service with the "old" name, but then updated that name in another application. That updated name is likely just an alias and ArcPro is simply displaying the true name of the item (i.e., the "old name"). If that is the case, then I don't believe there is much you can do.

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM

Thank you for adding it to ArcGIS Pro Community.

Here's a little more context. I changed the name of the survey itself. Which changed the name of the main layer in AGOL.

ArcGIS Pro downloaded the hosted service with the old main survey name. 

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1714082335091.png

@Ismael have you seen this before?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ah, okay. Then it is what I described then. That field is an alias field. It updates the name in several spots that are visible to those both taking and working with S123 items, but it does not change the true name of the item. Whatever you first create/publish an item as is its true name.

I try and lecture people on this for SharePoint items and lists all the time. Give something its long-term permanent name first, then you can give it a human-friendly name. Generally speaking, the only thing in SharePoint most people will notice this though is the URL.

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM

If you are correct, I'd like to ask Esri to make this field read-only after publishing. 

BUT I'm hoping it's an oversite and they fix it this weekend. 🙂

@Ismael can you help answer this for us?

0 Kudos