Unable to create map tour from feature service

01-18-2023 03:13 PM
Labels (3)
AdriannaBuxrude
New Contributor II

Hello!

I am trying to create a map tour from a feature service in ArcGIS StoryMap but I get an error message that says that the feature layer no longer exists or I do not have permission to use it (See error message attachment to view error). I read some comments that say to enable attachments but I do not have that option in my feature layer overview page (See enable Attachments attachment). So I went to the Feature Layer (Hosted) Settings and I enabled editing (See enabled editing attachment) and I even checked the geometry updates to make sure my feature layer allows for editing for both attributes and geometry. However, I am still unable to use this feature service. I went to the Manage Hosted Feature Layer Editing reference document on ArcGIS Online but none of the fixes have worked for me. Any help would be appreciated! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AdriannaBuxrude -- I'm sorry you are having trouble getting this to work. Perhaps there are some permissions limitations on your account? I think this is a better question for the ArcGIS Online forum since it has to do with feature service functionality. I would recommend that you please ask your questions about how to enable feature service capabilities there or contact Esri Technical Support.

Once you get to the point where you have a feature service with some data points and attachments, you should be able to use it in your map tour.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
AdriannaBuxrude
New Contributor II

@OwenGeo 

I use ArcGIS through my schools account so I don't have permission to request support. I can try going through my school to put in a ticket.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I see -- then definitely try the ArcGIS Online questions board. I would think someone there can help get your questions answered.

Also, can I ask why you are using a feature service for your tour? That workflow is primarily designed for situations where you have an existing feature service of data created via another ArcGIS app like Field Maps, Survey123, or QuickCapture. Is there a reason you aren't building your tour in the story builder?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
kamaya
by
New Contributor II

You will find the option to enable attachments by clicking the sub-layer under Layers section of the feature layer overview page. Scroll down the page to find it on the bottom right. See attached screenshots for guidance.

0 Kudos