remove previously added text separators - sidecar layout

Jump to solution
06-21-2023 11:01 AM
Labels (2)
MerlinSmith
New Contributor

I inserted separators into my text in the Sidecar layout. I deleted the text but I can't delete the separators. 

Many thanks,

MerlinI can't delete the separators.I can't delete the separators.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for figuring this out @GISWisDom! We'll take a look at this bug and fix the color of those icons in an upcoming release.

@MerlinSmith - You should be able to hover over the separator and then move your mouse to the right until you see the cursor change to a hand/pointer. Just click the mouse when that happens and the separator should be removed. Or it might be easier to just temporarily swap to a different theme so the icons are visible.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EH_Alaska
Occasional Contributor

Hi @MerlinSmith! I created a sidecar and added a bunch of separators to test this issue. On my end, when I hover over a separator it shows a trashcan on the righthand side. Clicking this deletes the separator. Are you able to see this on your end?

Separator.png

0 Kudos
MerlinSmith
New Contributor
Thank you for your help. No, I do not see a trashcan when I over the
divider dots.
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MerlinSmith -- I'm sorry you are having an issue removing separators from your story. Could you please share a screenshot of the entire screen with your mouse hovering over the separator dots? Perhaps that will provide us with some more information to determine what might be going on.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
GISWisDom
New Contributor II

I am also having this same issue with a custom separator in a custom theme.

Discovered that the custom colours I am using do not allow any contrast between the trashcan and my background.

The trashcan is there, but it just can't be seen.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for figuring this out @GISWisDom! We'll take a look at this bug and fix the color of those icons in an upcoming release.

@MerlinSmith - You should be able to hover over the separator and then move your mouse to the right until you see the cursor change to a hand/pointer. Just click the mouse when that happens and the separator should be removed. Or it might be easier to just temporarily swap to a different theme so the icons are visible.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos