Embedding pdf document from content organisation to StoryMap - How? ArcGIS Portal 10.9.1

Jump to solution
12-26-2023 08:58 AM
NesmieianovViktor
New Contributor II

PDF document uploaded as content to arcgis portal

How can I embed this document into a storymap or a link to it? The document is available within the organization and can be opened normally from the content page but there used token for arcgis portal

https://myportal/sharing/rest/content/items/item_id/data?token=....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NesmieianovViktor
New Contributor II

Yes
The document has to be shared globally to have the share link and then it can be added to Storymap

Otherwise: "You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation." though I'm an administrator ))

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

If you click on the item in your content, scroll to the bottom of the overview page, copy the link under share and use that. We've been using this method for about a year now with no complaints.

BlairMcclenathan_0-1703613558703.png

0 Kudos
NesmieianovViktor
New Contributor II

Content page does not have URL parameter on the overview page.. Last parameter is "Credits (Attribution)"
I loaded pdf file like this: Content - New Item - Choose file

NesmieianovViktor_1-1703898358679.png

NesmieianovViktor_0-1703898303923.png

How did you download the file and what version Arcgis Portal? 

0 Kudos
BlairMcclenathan
New Contributor III

We are on 10.91, we've just uploaded the PDF document like you've got shown by adding a new item. Just from briefly testing it looks like the document has to be shared globally to have the share link.

0 Kudos
NesmieianovViktor
New Contributor II

Yes
The document has to be shared globally to have the share link and then it can be added to Storymap

Otherwise: "You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation." though I'm an administrator ))

0 Kudos