How to feed SQL data into map

Jump to solution
11-03-2022 01:54 PM
AnalystOK
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm looking for resources to help me understand what my options would be for feeding SQL data to a map a colleague of mine is building. I am not familiar with Arc, but I will be providing the data. Currently the data is created using Excel and an analysis service. Rather than building reports this way and importing that data into the map we would like to build a live feed of the data to the map. Would love to know if there are any recommended solutions to accomplish this goal.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnalystOK

Please provide more details, what type of map? A map can be built with many technologies ArcGIS API for JS, Leaflet, Runtime SDK for Java, Operations Dashboard, ... Depending on the details I would recommend one resource or another.

Assuming you are interested on add data from JavaScript/NodeJS and not Python or anything else (because you are publishing in the ArcGIS REST JS forum, I would recommend you to try the Edit feature data tutorial. But you can also take a look to the Postman collection.

Said that, ArcGIS Feature Services are not the only way to load data into a map, but they are the most versatile 😉.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnalystOK

Please provide more details, what type of map? A map can be built with many technologies ArcGIS API for JS, Leaflet, Runtime SDK for Java, Operations Dashboard, ... Depending on the details I would recommend one resource or another.

Assuming you are interested on add data from JavaScript/NodeJS and not Python or anything else (because you are publishing in the ArcGIS REST JS forum, I would recommend you to try the Edit feature data tutorial. But you can also take a look to the Postman collection.

Said that, ArcGIS Feature Services are not the only way to load data into a map, but they are the most versatile 😉.

I hope this helps

0 Kudos