Generate Token for tasks.arcgisonline.com

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
Labels (1)
MichaelKohler
Occasional Contributor III

I need help trying to get a token so I can use https://tasks.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer/buffer

We have a GIS Services DLL that has been in place for years that manages interactions between various systems in the city. For example, our CIP application uses the DLL to write data to a hosted feature service using REST to update a web app. Our PANDA building application uses REST to query feature services to determine impact fees for new houses and construction and to generate stops for inspectors to use in Navigator.

This DLL is also used to determine Group Residential Home availability for a parcel by creating a buffer around a parcel and intersecting the buffer with the existing homes to see if there is a conflict within 1000 feet.

We used to have an on premises ArcGIS Server that we used the geometry services to do this task. Without the ArcGIS Server, we are stuck. I asked our ESRI rep and the solution engineer suggested using tasks.arcgisonline. This doesn't work because when i request a token with a POST request, I get the following error:

{"error":{"code":401,"message":"You are not authorized to access this information","details":"Invalid credentials"}}

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelKohler

It was a really simple answer. No token is needed to use the geometry services! I'm so used to working like that, and sending a token is 2nd nature.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelKohler

It was a really simple answer. No token is needed to use the geometry services! I'm so used to working like that, and sending a token is 2nd nature.

0 Kudos