Change extent of layer / service

Jump to solution
04-04-2024 12:25 PM
Labels (1)
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor III

I think I messed up something when trying to update the geometry of one layer inside a feature service.

Now the fullExtent of the feature service and the layer extent have a mix between 3857 and 4326 spatial reference.

"fullExtent" : {
    "xmin" : -8237264.1392300641, 
    "ymin" : 45.427934084, 
    "xmax" : -73.548640922, 
    "ymax" : 5733611.6635590205, 
    "spatialReference" : {
      "wkid" : 102100, 
      "latestWkid" : 3857
    }
  }

I tried updating both of them with updateDefinition, both either with only 4326 values and with only 3857 values and I get a success everytime, yet nothing changes.

My guess is that the service fullExtent depends on the extent of all the layers. But I can't change the extent of the problematic layer. All the other layers are fine.

The layer that causes the problem has views based on it, yet the views extent are fine (all in 3857). Could the views cause the unability to update the source extent?

EDIT

Just to mention that I changed the geometry of the features in the layer and then checked everyone of them and they are all "correct", where they should be. So I don't know if the extent is calculated automatically and then is a problem somewhere else...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikAMD
by

Well I was able to change the extent of the layer by recreating the spatial indexes.

The fullExtent of the service is still messed up, but I hope that's not a big problem?

🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mikAMD
by

Well I was able to change the extent of the layer by recreating the spatial indexes.

The fullExtent of the service is still messed up, but I hope that's not a big problem?

🙂

0 Kudos