ArcGIS Pro Addin Icon

3 weeks ago
trushar
New Contributor II

Hello everyone, 

I need your input in finding the right place for changing the default Esri icon when installing the add-in. We want to change it as below:

trushar_0-1712338974421.png

I tried changing the value below as a start with no effect. Not sure where these icons are getting loaded from.

<AddInInfo>
    <Name>...</Name>
    <Description>...</Description>
    <Image>Images/arcGIS_addin_32.png</Image>
    <Author>...</Author>
    <Company>...</Company>
    <Date>...</Date>
    <Subject>...</Subject>
  </AddInInfo>

Please let me know your thoughts/ideas

Thank you,
Trushar

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

The Images folder referenced in the DAML is contained within the folder that contains the compiled Add-In. for example, if my GUID for the Add-In was {ae190f33-95f2-4249-ae7d-bcfa45a44e72} then I would store my add in at C:\my folder path\{ae190f33-95f2-4249-ae7d-bcfa45a44e72}\. The compiled Dlls for the add-in would be in the {ae190f33-95f2-4249-ae7d-bcfa45a44e72} folder and the png files would be in the .\Images folder..

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have that image in your Images directory? This is how my project is set up

icons.png

0 Kudos
trushar
New Contributor II

Thank you, yes I have the Images folder same as yours:

trushar_0-1712348994966.png

It is interesting that your custom image is showing up and mine isn't!

0 Kudos
trushar
New Contributor II

After a nice clean build I see it now! 

The only thing that isn't showing my custom images is this:

trushar_1-1712349502461.png

Thoughts on this, if we are able to change these icons?

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My addin shows the generic Esri icon in the File Manager and the utility. Those are tied to the ESRI AddIn File type, just like all Word files use the same icon.

UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Trushar,

At ArcGIS Pro 3.4, when you double click an addin to install it, you will be able to see the custom icon.

UmaHarano_0-1713904083804.png

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

My Add-ins show unique Icons in ArcGIS Pro Add-Manager screen. The image must be available to the Add-In when run on the client's computer. Yes in File Manager they will look like regular files (based on Windows defaults).

RichardDaniels_0-1712354979824.png