Version Changes differences view not showing changes after upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0

12-06-2023 04:41 AM
Labels (3)
tmichael_wpjwa
New Contributor III

Since upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0 the Version Changes / differences view is no longer showing data changes in the "Show conflicts" view.  From the documentation here, this is what I should see:

tmichael_wpjwa_0-1701865988165.png

However this is what I see:

tmichael_wpjwa_1-1701866097776.png

If I switch to the Show All view I can see where new information has been added to the attribute table, but cannot identify attribute values that have changed.

tmichael_wpjwa_2-1701866306865.png

My ArcGIS Enterprise environment is version 11.1.0 and uses SQL Server 2019 in AWS RDS.  We are using branch versioning.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This is not expected behavior certainly.  What I would try first is a "soft reset" where you rename the ESRI folder in your C:\users\user_profile\appdata\local and C:\users\user_profile\appdata\roaming to ESRI_OLD.  Then retry your workflow.  Do you see the same view or the expected view of the Version Changes UI?

0 Kudos
tmichael_wpjwa
New Contributor III

@Robert_LeClairThank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it.  I renamed the folders as you suggested and the behavior was the same.  I also tried creating a new ArcGIS Pro project and signing out / back in to ArcGIS Enterprise and those didn't make a difference either.

Show Conflicts view:

tmichael_wpjwa_0-1701952930362.png

Show All view (updated attribute values visible):

tmichael_wpjwa_1-1701953008196.png

0 Kudos
tmichael_wpjwa
New Contributor III

@Robert_LeClair  I have done a bit more testing on my end:

• Deleted the geodatabase version I was working with and tried the same workflow in a new version; same result.
  • Uninstalled ArcGIS Pro 3.2, deleted the directories that you suggested I rename above, re-installed ArcGIS Pro 3.2; same result.
  • Uninstalled ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and installed ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and Patch 4 - and in this version the versioning changes window is working correctly again:

tmichael_wpjwa_0-1702496635030.png

tmichael_wpjwa_2-1702496724862.png

Do you have any other thoughts / suggestions on what could be causing the issue in 3.2, or should I submit a support case?

0 Kudos
tmichael_wpjwa
New Contributor III

For anyone who finds this, I received an email from support today that this has been confirmed as a bug in ArcGIS Pro 3.2:

1. Bug number: BUG-000164049 
  2. Synopsis: The Version Changes window no longer displays update differences with red highlights. 
  3. Status: In Review 
DaveSivertsenz
New Contributor II

This may be related - rather than downgrade, we tried to pull up the historical version at a specific date and time.

This is no longer possible - see image

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

BUG-000164049 is fixed for the upcoming ArcGIS Pro 3.3 release.

0 Kudos