Updated to ArcPro 3.2.2 and now some existing map elements have a vertical offset

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
AnninaRupe1
New Contributor III

My organization just recently upgraded to ArcPro 3.2.2 and now all of my existing projects that include layouts, as well as my saved layouts, have vertical offsets applied. The map elements that are affected are rectangle text boxes (those texts that have a bounding box) and legends. 

It seems as there was a bug that was fixed in 3.2 with regards to offset, but I wasn't having that issue before (BUG-000138577).

Anyone else have the same issue? Any fixes? Manually fixing all these maps would be tedious at the best.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

You may be referring to this annoying bug (BUG-000163183).

0 Kudos
AnninaRupe1
New Contributor III

No, I saw that one, but this specific issue is not to do with position anchors or call outs; it assigns a negative vertical offset when there wasn't one. Furthermore, the vertical offsets are different for different elements; the legend offset is -1 and other text boxes are -2 and -3.

But, to your point, I did notice, too, that position anchors aren't consistent between elements, even though they were before. They are showing in one of the 8 spots they are supposed to be (that is, not just anywhere along the border, as in the bug you referenced), but each element is random on which of the 8 is actually chosen/set.

0 Kudos