Update Web Layer from OLE DB Connection or Standalone Table

06-30-2023 12:01 PM
TravisAndersonPE
New Contributor II

I have a Web Layer on ArcGIS Online that I would like to update daily with new data from a OLE DB Connection using a standalone table. I'm not very experienced with this and that's why I'm posing the question here. I don't know python or scripting or anything. I was going to try and use model builder to make this happen possibly.

I am connected to a database through an OLE DB Connection. I pulled the table over into Contents and can view that data just fine. The Table and the Hosted Layer contain the same AccountNumber field that is common between both sets of data. I would like to use that field as the tie between the two, and update certain fields in the hosted web layer from the table. It seems if I pull the Web Layer into Pro and have the same Table in the Contents, that I should be able to update or write over that layers fields somehow. You can copy from excel and paste it into a web layers table and save it, and that makes it's way to online. I tried to use Append, and it warned me about the Schema not being the same and didn't seem to do anything. There's more to Schema than I understand but I think it's telling me that the number of fields and name of fields are not identical between the two. It seems like there may be more than one way to do this but I've not stumbled onto anything that's helping yet. Would anyone have any ideas? 

The table is updated nightly by the OLE DB Connection. The database contains meter data for our customers. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies