Trying to use 'pairwise buffer' and 'summarize within' tools to display only the summarized features within the buffer zone

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
mhamilton
New Contributor

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I'm new to ArcGIS Pro and could use some help. 

I have 5 feature layers on my map.  I've created a model to create a buffer around the features within 1 of the layers. 

I want to summarize the other 4 features occurring within the buffer zone. That's easy enough with the summarize within tool, but how do I create a new feature layer that actually displays the features from the 4 layers that lie within each buffer zone?? I want the model to essentially filter out all the other features that aren't within a buffer zone in the display, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. 

An illustrative example for more context: 

• Feature Layer 1 = 10 hospital locations
  • Feature Layer 2 = Locations of automobile accidents involving pedestrians
  • Goal = Use pairwise buffer + summarize within to identify and display all accidents from Feature Layer 2 that occurred within 10 miles of each hospital in Feature Layer 1, without displaying any accidents in the output layer that didn't occur within 10 miles.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Copy Features (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

honors selections

... sort of retired...
mhamilton
New Contributor

Thank you @DanPatterson .  For others who may find this helpful, I was able to use Dan's suggestion to create an output layer with my desired features. I was able to use a simple arcpy script to copy my desired features with the distance threshold. 

0 Kudos